Managing a child's asthma is a team effort, involving you, your child, your child's healthcare providers and the school. All members of the team want to be able to communicate, ask questions, and share information about your child's health and well-being.  Please complete this Parent Asthma Intake Form for your school nurse. This asthma intake form only needs to be completed one time, or as your child’s asthma condition changes.  

Middle and high school students may self-carry their rescue inhaler without a healthcare provider order or self-carry contract in place. Parents will simply need to notify the health office that the student will be carrying an inhaler via the Notification of Self-Carry Medication Form.

If your elementary student will need a rescue inhaler at school, please have your healthcare provider complete the Colorado School Asthma Care Plan. This form requires physician and parent completion each school year.

If you would like your elementary student to carry and self-administer their their rescue inhaler, please complete this Permission to Self-Carry Contract with your student. Your healthcare provider will need to indicate permission to self-carry on the order form. Prior to being authorized to self-carry at school, this contract will need to be reviewed and signed by the School RN Consultant. This contract must be updated each school year.