WCA Middle School Dress Code Policy
At WCA, we strive to make academics the primary focus of our students by limiting distractions as much as possible. It is our goal that all WCA students maintain their person and clothing in a modest, clean, and orderly manner consistent with the school uniform dress code.
Please make sure your student dresses in alignment with our Dress Code Policy. It is our goal to be diligent in supporting the school policy, particularly with the length of shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses. All shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses must not be shorter than a credit card length above the knee.
Thank you for your support as we strive to ensure that all students are dressed for academic success.
middle school Dress Code guide
Pants, Capris & Shorts
- Colors: navy, khaki, brown, grey and black.
- Styles: cotton twill, stiff polyester, or corduroy.
- No denim.
- Pants, capris, and shorts must fit so they do not sag, exposing one’s undergarments including top of underwear, or one’s backside.
- Shorts must be no shorter than a vertical credit card length above the knee.
- Pockets: Shorts or pants must not have more than 6 pockets.
- Solid color undershorts must be worn under skirts and jumpers. Shorts under skirts or jumpers must not be visible when standing.
Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts & Dresses
- Colors: navy, khaki, green, black, brown, grey, and WCA school plaid (from French Toast).
- Fabric: cotton twill, stiff polyester, or corduroy.
- Dress Styles: polo dresses only.
- Styles: pleated or straight. Length must be no shorter than a vertical credit card length above the knee.
- Short or long sleeved classic polo style shirt in any solid color.
- Under shirts can be any solid color.
- Shirts must be completely tucked in at all times.
- Button down shirts with collar in any solid color; buttons can be any color and must be buttoned to the collarbone.
- Any pre-approved WCA spirit clothing tops or other spirit clothing tops from sports activities in which the student participates, Club t-shirt, class hoodies, etc. may be worn any day of the week.
Sweaters & Sweater Vests
- Colors: any solid color
- Styles: crew neck, mock turtleneck, Henley collar, or pullovers.
- All sweaters and/or sweater vests must be worn over a dress code compliant shirt.
- WCA spirit, club or class hoodies are allowed to be worn any day of the week
- Sweat shirts of any solid color over a dress code compliant shirt.
- Logos no larger than a credit card. One logo can be on the sweatshirt.
- Hoods may not be worn inside the building.
The formal dress uniform is mandatory for certain functions to be determined by WCA including special occasions, field trips, pictures, etc.
White oxford shirt, long or short sleeve, khaki or navy pants or shorts, approved French Toast tie (WCA plaid).
- Navy or white sweater vest, crew neck sweater, or cardigan sweater (optional).
- Socks must be solid white, black, or navy.
White oxford or Peter Pan collar, long or short sleeve, khaki or navy pants, skirt, or shorts, approved French Toast crossover tie (WCA plaid).
- Navy or white sweater vest, crew neck sweater, or cardigan sweater (optional)
- Tights must be solid white or navy.
- Socks must be solid white, black, brown, or navy.
Scarves & Belts
Scarves are allowed to be worn with a dress code compliant shirt. Any color.
Belts are optional and can be any color. There should be nothing hanging off the belt - for example, no spikes or chains.
- Color: Any solid color.
- Leggings can only be worn under a skirt, skort, or jumper.
- Socks any color that is mostly solid. Sport / athletic socks allowed with different colors.
- No patterns or prints.
- Must be below the knee.
- Tights can be any solid color.
- No patterns or prints.
- Tights not allowed alone. They must be worn with skirts or dresses that meet the guidelines for skirts or dresses.
- All shoes must have closed toes, heels and sides.
- No lighted, character, soft soled bath / bedroom type slippers, house shoes, or shoes with wheels in the bottom are permitted.
- Any heels must be lower than 1½ inches.
- Jewelry must be modest and in good taste.
- Earring must be less than one inch from base of earlobe.
- Piercing only allowed on the ears. All other piercings must be removed during school hours and during school functions.
- Hair must be neatly groomed and of natural color.
- Hair accessories shall be in good taste and not excessive. Bows should not exceed the size of a credit card.
- No Mohawks, Fauxhawks, and any other hair design that administration deems distracting to learning.
Dresses or slacks must be worn to dances. They must meet the standards below:
- Dress slacks must be worn at the waist.
- Shirt must conceal cleavage, sides, back, shoulders, and midriff.
- If shirt top is sheer, a top that meets dress code guidelines must be worn underneath.
- Dresses must be of modest length (no shorter than a vertical credit card length above the knee).
- Dresses with slits on the skirt may go no higher than a credit card length above the knee.
- Dresses are not to have bare midriffs or cling to the body. Any dress should not ride up as the student dances.
- Backless dresses may not be cut below the natural bra line.
- All necklines must be modest and in good taste. Dresses with plunging necklines are not permitted. All necklines must fully cover below the natural bra line (armpit to armpit).
- Dresses may have spaghetti straps, halter type tops, cold shoulder, or strapless as long as they meet the neckline requirement.
- Dresses that are laced together in the front cannot reveal bare skin under the lacing.
- Dresses with sheer panels or cut-outs/ slits on any part of the bodice (tear drop, slits, etc.) are not allowed.
- Dress pants (no sagging/baggy pants) must be worn at the waist.
- When wearing dress pants, a dress shirt and tie are required
- A jacket is optional.
- Dress shirts must be worn and tucked in entire dance.
- Formal hats are allowed (no ball caps).
- Unconventional hairstyles and unnaturally colored hair are not permitted.