WCA Elementary School Dress Code Policy
At WCA, we strive to make academics the primary focus of our students by limiting distractions as much as possible. It is our goal that all WCA students maintain their person and clothing in a modest, clean, and orderly manner consistent with the school uniform dress code.
Please make sure your student dresses in alignment with our Dress Code Policy. It is our goal to be diligent in supporting the school policy, particularly with the length of shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses. All shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses must not be shorter than a credit card length above the knee.
Thank you for your support as we strive to ensure that all students are dressed for academic success.
Elementary Dress Code guide
Pants, Capris & Shorts
- Colors: navy and khaki.
- Styles: cotton, twill, stiff polyester, rip-stop, or corduroy.
- No denim.
- Pants, capris, and shorts must fit so they do not sag, exposing one's undergarments including top of underwear, or one's backside.
- Shorts much be no shorter than a vertical credit card length above the knee.
- Pockets: Shorts or pants must not have more than 6 pockets.
- Solid color undershorts must be worn under skirts and jumpers. Shorts under skirts or jumpers must not be visible when standing.
Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts & Dresses
- Colors: navy, khaki, green, or WCA Plaid (from French Toast).
- Fabric: cotton twill, stiff polyester or corduroy.
- Styles: pleated or straight. Length must be no shorter than a vertical credit card length above the knee.
- Dress styles: polo dresses only.
- Shorts under skirts must not be visible while standing.
- Short or long sleeved classic polo style shirt, turtlenecks, and mock turtlenecks in solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, and grey. To respect the traditions of past years, burgundy is an optional color until fall 2019. We ask that parents do not purchase new shirts in this color as we begin to phase out this color.
- Oxfords and Peter Pan shirts must be solid white only.
- Buttons must match the shirt or be a neutral color.
- A student’s undershirt or undergarment can be any dress code compliant shirt.
- Shirts must be completely tucked in at all times.
- Spirit shirts are only allowed on Fridays.
Sweaters & Sweater Vests
- Colors: solid navy, white, and green.
- Styles: crew neck, mock turtleneck, Henley collar, cardigans, pullovers or hooded sweaters.
- All sweaters and/or sweater vests must be worn over a dress code compliant shirt.
- Solid navy, white, and green sweatshirts hoodies, and zip up fleeces are permitted anytime.
- WCA spirit hoodies are allowed to be worn any day of the week.
- Dress code compliant shirt must be worn under a sweatshirt.
The formal dress uniform is mandatory for certain functions to be determined by WCA including special occasions, field trips, pictures, etc.
White oxford shirt, long or short sleeve, navy pants, approved French Toast tie.
Blue sweater vest or crew neck sweater (optional).
White oxford or Peter Pan collar, long or short sleeve, navy pants, skirt or jumper, approved French Toast crossover tie.
Blue sweater vest, crew neck sweater, or cardigan sweater (Optional)
- Color: Navy, green, or white.
- Leggings can only be worn under a skirt, skort, or jumper.
- Socks any color that is mostly solid. Sport / athletic socks allowed with different colors.
- No patterns or prints.
- Must be below the knee.
- All shoes must have closed toes, heels and sides.
- No lighted, character, soft soled bath / bedroom type slippers, house shoes, or shoes with wheels in the bottom are permitted.
- Any heels must be lower than 1½ inches.
- Hair must be neatly groomed and of natural color.
- Hair accessories shall be in good taste and not excessive. Accessories should be solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, grey, or WCA plaid. Bows should not exceed the size of a credit card.
- No Mohawks, Fauxhawks, and any other hair design that administration deems distracting to learning.