WCA Style Guide
Windsor Charter Academy’s (WCA) Style Guide provides basic guidelines to brand, build awareness, and promote consistency across all WCA communication. It also promotes uniformity across WCA's Elementary School, Middle, and Early-College High School.
Consistency in visual representation across all WCA communication, from typeface to logos, fosters familiarity and allows WCA to communicate in a coordinated manner. The guide outlines official uses of: WCA logos, mascot, tagline, typeface, color palette, photography, and social media. Please use official WCA material in all internal and public correspondence.
Official Use of the WCA Logo
The WCA Logo:
- Is used across elementary, middle, and high school communications.
- Is only sent to external partners in an approved file format form (see approved file types below). This is to prevent distorted images or color manipulation.
- Can be used without the leaf, or without the tagline, depending on the case. As an example, the WCA Facebook page uses the stand-alone leaf as a profile picture.
- Is NOT to be altered or manipulated in any way, unless given prior approval in special circumstances.
- Copies of these logos, in various file types and sizes, can be requested from the Public Relations and Marketing Committee or from the front office.
WCA's official mascot is the Firebird. The new version of the branded Firebird was adopted in fall 2014, as a result of co-branding initiative with the high school. This version of the mascot will be used on all WCA athletic gear, spirit wear, or for other athletic/academic purposes. This mascot will also be used at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
WCA has an official typeface:
- For Print Media: Hypatia Sans Pro and Century Gothic
- For Web and Digital Media: Arial and Headers are Arial Black
Other clean and reader friendly typefaces can be used for marketing or advertising purposes.
Official Color Palette
The WCA color palette is an essential part of presenting a consistent image across all media types. The approved WCA color pallet is listed below.