WCA Middle School Dress Code Policy
At WCA, we strive to make academics the primary focus of our students by limiting distractions as much as possible. It is our goal that all WCA students maintain their person and clothing in a modest, clean, and orderly manner consistent with the school uniform dress code.
Please make sure your student dresses in alignment with our Dress Code Policy. It is our goal to be diligent in supporting the school policy, particularly with the length of shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses. All shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses must not be shorter than a credit card length above the knee.
Thank you for your support as we strive to ensure that all students are dressed for academic success.
middle school Dress Code guide
Pants, Capris & Shorts
Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts & Dresses
Sweaters & Sweater Vests
- Colors: any solid color
- Styles: crew neck, mock turtleneck, Henley collar, or pullovers.
- All sweaters and/or sweater vests must be worn over a dress code compliant shirt.
The formal dress uniform is mandatory for certain functions to be determined by WCA including special occasions, field trips, pictures, etc.
Scarves & Belts
Scarves are allowed to be worn with a dress code compliant shirt. Any color.
Belts are optional and can be any color. There should be nothing hanging off the belt - for example, no spikes or chains.
- Color: Any solid color.
- Leggings can only be worn under a skirt, skort, or jumper.
- Socks any color that is mostly solid. Sport / athletic socks allowed with different colors.
- No patterns or prints.
- Must be below the knee.
- Tights can be any solid color.
- No patterns or prints.
- Tights not allowed alone. They must be worn with skirts or dresses that meet the guidelines for skirts or dresses.
- All shoes must have closed toes, heels and sides.
- No lighted, character, soft soled bath / bedroom type slippers, house shoes, or shoes with wheels in the bottom are permitted.
- Any heels must be lower than 1½ inches.
- Jewelry must be modest and in good taste.
- Earring must be less than one inch from base of earlobe.
- Piercing only allowed on the ears. All other piercings must be removed during school hours and during school functions.
- Hair must be neatly groomed and of natural color.
- Hair accessories shall be in good taste and not excessive. Bows should not exceed the size of a credit card.
- No Mohawks, Fauxhawks, and any other hair design that administration deems distracting to learning.
Dresses or slacks must be worn to dances. They must meet the dress code standards.