2017 School-Wide Firebird Fund Drive
September 15-September 29
Firebird Fund Drive Overview
Windsor Charter Academy strives to educate, empower, and equip our students to reach their highest potential. Our success in this vision is rooted in the support of our WCA community!
In years past, we have raised over $70,000 for our elementary school playground through our fall walkathon fundraiser.
This year, we are expanding this fundraising effort to a school-wide Firebird Fund Drive supporting students across all grade levels.
Firebird Fund Initiatives
Funds raised through our 2017 Firebird Fund Drive will support:
- Security cameras for the elementary school
- Enhanced elementary media center, including STEM focused space (3D printer, virtual reality stations, "maker space" creative supplies)
- Outdoor furnishings for our new organic garden learning pavilion
- Bleachers for the middle/high school soccer field
- Logo painting on the middle/high school gymnasium floor
- Benches and picnic tables for the middle/ high school
Additionally, because compassion and community mindedness align with our vision, we have committed to donate a portion of all funds raised through our Firebird Fund Drive to schools in Rockport, TX that have been severely damaged by Hurricane Harvey.
Firebird Fund Drive Impact
- A $25 donation per student = $28,400 for our school
- A $50 donation per student =$56,800 for our school
- A $100 donation per student =$113,600 for our school
Windsor Charter Academy is a non-profit organization, so donations are tax-deductible. Additionally, donations can be credited toward the 35 hour service hour commitment at 1 service hour per $10 donation.
2017 Firebird FUnd Drive Timeline
- September 14th & 15th: Firebird Fund Drive Kick-Off Assemblies
- September 15th-September 29th: Firebird Fund Donation Drive Campaign
- During this two-week time period, our Windsor Charter Academy community is encouraged to donate to our Firebird Fund Drive. Donations can be made online or by cash/ check at the front office.
- September 29th: Firebirds on the Run- This culmination event has evolved from our walkathon. K-5 students will visit our middle/high school field where they will run in this spirit-filled event. Our middle/high schoolers will cheer, mark their laps, or run alongside elementary students. Firebirds on the Run helps us celebrate as a community and brings the tradition of our walkathon full-circle to older Firebird students. Click Here to volunteer for this spirit-filled event!
- October 12th: Campaign Success Announcement & Prize Drawings
Firebird Fund Drive Student Incentives
Show your Firebird Spirt
When a donation in any amount is received, students will receive a green Firebird Fund Drive participation wrist band. Students are encouraged to wear these to show their pride during the entire Firebird Fund Drive campaign!
Firebirds Across the Nation!
As donations began to be logged, we noticed contributions were rolling in from all over the U.S.! We are very excited about this and have now launched a "Firebirds Across the Nation" challenge! If we can log a contribution from all 50 states by September 29th; Mr. Schriner and Mrs. Seilbach have offered a FREE DRESS DAY for our students in October! Visit our Windsor Charter Academy Facebook page for our most up-to-date map!
Cash Prize Drawings
Students will be entered into a $100 cash drawing for every $25 donated in their name. For example, if one family donates $200 to the Fund Drive, students listed in connection to the gift will be entered into the drawing 8 times. At the end of the campaign, a winner will be drawn for a $100 cash prize at the elementary and middle/ high school school levels.
It Pays to Pitch!
Students are encouraged to create their own short video to pitch our Firebird Fund Drive to Friends and Family. Just #WCAFirebirdFundDrive when you share the video on social media.
Please make sure all content is appropriate and directs viewers to our this webpage! Our winner, judged by our Windsor Charter Academy administrative team, will win free spirit wear!