2018 WCA Board Elections
There are three (3) seats up for election this year. The Windsor Charter Academy Election Committee is seeking nominations to the WCA's Executive Board.
The 2018 Election will open on Wednesday, May 9th, 2018, and will end on Wednesday, May 15th, 2018.
If you know a potential member candidate, please have that individual contact the WCA Election Committee Chairs as soon as possible so they may address any questions regarding requirements and qualifications. All Board positions are volunteer and the term for each position is set at three (3) years. Members of the Board serve as unpaid volunteers and with this great responsibility comes an equivalent time commitment.
Potential candidates must have attended a minimum of two (2) regular WCA Board meetings during the 12 months prior to the May election (May 2017-May 2018) OR have completed the WCA volunteer hour service requirement of 35 hours for the current school year. Potential candidates are encouraged to attend the March 8th, March 22nd and/or the April 12th WCA Board meetings (information about time and location is available on the WCA website or you may e-mail this committee for more details).
All potential candidates will need to attend a mandatory meeting with the Election Committee on April 4, 2018 at 5:30pm in the elementary library. Arrangements can be made in advance to obtain the covered information if there is a specific date/time conflict for a candidate.
- 4/2: Letter of Intent and Candidate Statement Due
- 4/4: Candidate Meeting to review Election Guidelines with Election Committee
- 4/6: Candidate Profile on Web
- 4/12: Candidate Town Hall
- 4/13: Candidates Submission to Website
- 4/23: Election Committee Meet with Candidate on Politicking Guidelines, Opportunities, Rules, etc. (Proposed)
- 4/24: Candidates Campaign Opportunities Online and Hard Copy Boards in Schools (Under Consideration)
- 5/7-5/11: Absentee Ballot Week
- 5/14-5/18: Election Week (Online Voting Procedures (BD)
- 5/18: Election Day On-Site Voting
- 5/21: Election Results Announced
If you are interested in running for a board position, please submit a letter of intent to the WCA election committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 8:00pm on Monday April 2, 2018.
We encourage you to email us with any questions you may have regarding the 2018 election process, board member requirements or questions in general. We look forward to your support and participation.